Friday, January 8, 2010

Tassie - The Great Roadtrip

I think in my two days with the car in Tassie I clocked up a monster 500km, and nearly did as much damage to the precious environment as the Sydney NYE fireworks.

So I took off and immediately got lost randomly finding myself in a shopping mall car park. I then shot off to the creepy and extremely eerie Port Arthur. This place was a spot of beauty and also great sadness, the memorial garden was an extremely peaceful place but you could just feel great sadness and loss all around.

I did a nice cruise around the islands surrounding Port Arthur and then jumped back in my sexy hire car and made my way up the coastal highway which was just amazing, I found myself thinking wow, OMG out loud on a regular basis.

I stooped for a late lunch in the beach side Swansea and then made my way to the Delicious Campelltown, much like ours, nothing going on.

I then headed back on the real freeway one lane and one way to travel FAST!

I speed back into Hobart for my emotional last night in town.

I woke early the next day after my monster trip around one of Australia's prettiest places. I headed to the small but international airport for my final Qantas trip for quiet sometime.

I headed back into Sydney feeling 2010 was going to be a good year (not a good night BEP thanks, but a good year).

No comments: