Monday, November 15, 2010

So it's a weak late but here is my ARIA's wrap and some other random stuff....

So it's been a week and I think I now can discuss the ARIA's and the high points and the low points of this years event.

The highest point and best part of the whole event was Washington's performance of the terrific song "Sunday Best". Her album "I Believe You Liar" is now one of 4 albums I believe to be the album of the year. The winner will be announced around boxing day. But back to the performance it was sensational, vocally at times shakey but as far as the look of it, it was amazing, it shit on even SIA, John Butler and one of the worlds most boring live acts Angus & Julia Stoned as a mother flipper!

The other high point was SIA's acceptance speech, she is gold and random all at once, I have so much love for her! SIA for PM, Julia it's time to go!

Okay now the low points, firstly no awards for John Butler Trio? April Uprising is a great album and the live act that follows is second to none.

Next low point, the presenters, we all know Jessica Maubouy can't read by now, and the dude from Modern Family WTF, that show sux and so does Riki Lee, I'm glad you got fired from NOVA cause as a gay man, you were an embrassment, and let's not start on your vile music career.

Next, Lara Bingle and Carmen Electra, another two WTF's. Also as hot as Geoff the swimmer who lost all that wight is, what is he doing on a music awards show?

Okay so the ARIA's rated terribly as well I think even re-runs of Models Inc faired better but the whole setting was weird, the presenters were a joke and the new publically voted awards WTF, Mumford & Sons most popular international act, they had one song, and it sucks. Does anyone play Little Lion Man anymore? Oh heavens above!

Now onto some good new music:

Cee-Lo Green - The Ladykiller (the Fuck you guys is back with a full album)

Washington - I Believe You Liar (highlights, Sunday Best, Cement, How to Tame Lions, The Hardest Part, 1997, Navy Blues, it's definately an album of 2010!)

SIA - We Are Born (the Fight the opening show still gets me, it is pop perfection)

Now tonight I'm finally seeing the Social Network so expect a big review in the next day or so. I hate Facebook, I blog and I'm not sure how this JT starring film will rate with me so stay tuned.....

No comments: