Friday, November 19, 2010

The Sweetest Thing @ Belvoir St Theatre

I must admit I have had some moments at the theatre this year where I would have preferred if I was 6 feet under and surpriisling enough this wasn't one of them. Sweetest Thing was indeed that and the actresses, in particular the simply beautiful Diana Glenn (man I have a lady crush on her) was terrific. She dumped her usual worried look (Satisfaction and Carla Carmetti) and managed a smile from time to time and when she smiled she was just divine.

This show was simply lovely in parts and moving in others, all the cast including Caroline Craig from Blue Heelers & Underbelly fame was also fine. As was her other sister who I didn't catch her name.

I enjoyed this a lot more than expected and I loved the 80 minute running time, short and sweet is the way a play should be.

4 stars for this little gem, running until the end of the week so get in better it's all over red rover.

No comments: