Friday, September 16, 2011

Film Freak 2011 - Fright Night (3D)

Dear Reader,

Have you ever been to the movies expecting a real masterpiece and you leave thinking, WTF? Well I thought with Colin Farrell & Toni Collette starring in a horror type film could be pretty good, well let me tell you it was nothing more than a massive disappointment.

3D again and why? The 3D effect was so under used it was amazing. Can I also say the film was released yesterday in Australia and when I went last night(opening night) there were 4 people in the cinema (okay I was at Fox Studios where no one in their right mind attends unless they want to see an X Factor filming).

So why did this suck (no reference to Vampires!), mainly because one it wasn't scary, two Colin Farrell keep his clothes on when he was looking mighty fit, three Toni Collette did nothing, in the end I just sat their stunned mainly caused they decided to do a cover version of Jay Z's classic 99 Problems in Mumford & Son's folk style, WHAT???

Interesting fact though the lovely James Franco, well his brohter, who will be super hot in 3-5 years time is in this film, google him Dave Franco, what a clever family.

Okay this film isn't clever, funny or scary, I still don't know if it's meant to be a piss take or a piss weak vampire cash in film, unfortunately it can only get 2 stars.

No comments: