Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sydney Fringe Festival hits Sydney for a take two

Mongrel - The Newtown Theatre

Okay so I never attended anything at the Fringe festival last year except the launch which had no shows to be announced at the time of the launch just an occasion for a complimentary drink. So I was keen to see what the Festival was all about and also go with a friend to support a friend in a two person play she starred in at the very interesting Newtown Theatre.

Okay so if you have read my blog you would know I go to a lot of theatre and going to a theatre 15 minutes before the show and being told to be quiet because there is another show going on over the curtain from the foyer was outrageous. And the running times and late start was a little amateur.

So after a poor start I wasn't expecting much and after reading the synopsis online after I saw it, it pretty much sums up all that happens:

David is sick of being alone. David has a plan. And it’s a doozy.

Well it was a doozy it seemed like an unbelievable and incomplete piece. I found the whole play and evening slightly weird but I guess that's fringe, slightly weird and maybe even a little slightly odd way.

I can only give Mongrel 2 stars as I knew people invovled with it.

No comments: