Saturday, August 16, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Begin Again


After making Once (and with this commencing in Melbourne - the Musical version next month) John Carney is no doubt a talented man and Begin Again is his latest effort. I enjoyed this a great deal. I do love music as my BLOG Flashing off the Record may suggest.

Now Bad Neighbours for a long time has been my favourite film of 2014 for a long time now but something has finally come along and taken it's place. Yes Begin Again a musical drama is just so damn good.

Who needs large budgets and big action sequences when a simple plot of girl meets boy, boy gets famous and leaves you in NYC is so much more interesting and fulfilling to watch. Yes I am a softy and love the music and use of Cee Lo Green and the damn sexy Adam Levine in this pic staring the divine Mark Ruffalo (last impressing the pants off me in The Normal Heart) and the usually irritating Keira Knightly does not once annoy you. She charms and shows she has indie cred.


This film is just great, Ruffalo and Knightly's characters and their relationships feel so real and you really lose yourself in each of their stories.

I can not recommend this film strongly enough, it mad me want to realise my dream (whatever that is) and reach for the stars, it inspired me at the end of this winter to make, create or just damn well do something fantastic.

The songs featured are choice and the NYC back drop is just divine. Good timing as I plan a trip to the States in October of this year. Anything to get away from fucking Team Australia. Cute pic below right?

Anyway back to the film and this is an outstanding film and will totally feature somewhere in my end of year lists and good mentions.

If you are a lover of music, good story telling and life in general this picture is for you, can't say enough good stuff about it, but get off your butt and check it out. Yes I'm doing it 5 GLOWING Stars.

No comments: