Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Annabelle


I love James Wan, he is a great Australian export who is on the top of the Horror genre. With the Saw franchise now finished up, the Insidious film series has a third on the way and the film that gave us Annabelle "The Conjuring" is also set to release a second chapter.

I was nervous, one about seeing a horror film, at my age, but more importantly after the simply brilliant and flawless Gone Girl, reviewed yesterday right here.



Now by looking at the still of the trailer how can this be scary? Will Wan has a way of even making this mother fucking ugly doll somewhat scary and keep my interest for over one and a half hours.

The run time of this film was really tight. The start was the only slow start but once the haunting and the fucking evil doll dropped by Wan put his foot on the scare excel-orator.

I was really impressed by this film, it was not as amazing as Gone Girl but it was still solid (I knew a film like Gone Girl would turn me in a negative Nancy blogger) and it really delivered some terrifying thrills.

This genre is a little crowded with Wan's other efforts and also the Paranormal franchise.

Annabelle it's far from perfect but it did the job for a Tuesday night scare fest for me. Annabelle rates 3 scary as fuck creepy ass dolls.

No comments: