Thursday, July 14, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


In 1984 (I was two) and we were introduced to the male GHOSTBUSTERS, in 1989 we saw a sequel and in 2016 we saw four ladies take on a reboot.



Look Paul Feig is one of my favourite directors, Bridesmaids was easily one of my favourite films of all time, I adored Spy and The Heat made Sandra Bullock watchable again. Unfortunately in Australia Paul Feig needs an MA rating, with a washed down M rating movie without all the bad words it kind of lacks some, laughs.

I am not saying you need loads of swearing for loads of laughs, but sometimes you do and this poorly attended film last night (Girls Night Out) there was not a huge amount of laughter in the cinema.

Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig did their usual thing and Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones were welcome new additions to the Feig films.

Know I didn't love this film but I didn't hate it either, it was passable but not the brilliance of Feig's previous feature films. Bridesmaids and Spy set the bar high but unfortunately this doesn't reach the heights of the previous films.

As a reboot of a major franchise goes, it was a huge improvement on Independence Day but I think Feig should also stick to standalone films.

Ghostbusters lady version rates 3 Stars.

No comments: