Wednesday, July 20, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


I had a bit of as thing for the last Star Trek film back in 2013 so what about 2016 and STAR TREK BEYOND?



I was told by a good friend this film was action packed and super fun, and that was 110% true. Going for just over 2 hours, this space age action blockbuster produced by J J Abram's and team and produced by Fast & Furious dude Justin Lin is the real deal.

Now school holidays is done and dusted it's time for the grown ups to reclaim the cinema and Star Trek is a step in the right direction.

As a confessed Star Wars not Star Trek lover I found myself emerged in the story, loving the characters and loving the diversity and inclusion of a gay Asian family.

The political messages underlying in this film like unity, diversity and embracing difference is well done and I am sure would go over the heads of those at the Republican Convention currently in Democratic stronghold Cleveland.

I don't think I saw the first film in this rebooted series but plan on looking it up on Netflix, this is one reboot done well, Star Trek Beyond is a great action film and rates a solid 4 stars for outstanding action sequences and a great diverse cast.

No comments: