Sunday, December 17, 2017

She's Gotta Have It Season 1.


Wow is all I can say, Spike Lee's 1986 is now an awesome Netflix series with an awesome fitting soundtrack. Over the ten episodes we get jams from Jill Scott, Maxwell, The Roots, Solange and Prince. The final track in episode ten by Prince is life changing, so damn good!

I loved this series and in between all my regular viewing watched it over about a week. It was seriously funny, relevant, political and hip.

Netflix is really upping the game and one can only think the Fox/Disney sale is a white flag in the Golden Age of streaming. The Golden Age of TV is well on the way but not it's all about the streaming.

She's Gotta Have It is just exceptional viewing, DeWanda Wise is just delicious as the equally deliciously titled Nola Darling.

Her three lovers are diverse and interesting and the sex early on in the series is passionate and intense. For our Summer/Holiday viewing this is one of my top picks. I know a few people are moist for The Crown (which I need to catch up on) but I am super behind.

She's Gotta Have It is a fun look at modern day romance, with a twist, catch the trailer below, BYE!

 

No comments: