Sunday, January 7, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - The Greatest Showman


It's 2018 and I'm back at the movies, well it's as hot as fuck on the first Sunday of 2018 so where to go, the beach? the local public pool? the backyard sprinkler? NO - The movies of course silly.

And I am scared my first movie of the new year was of high standards, Downsizing was of such low standards it was impressive to see that not all of Hollywood is in the dumps after a year of Harvey Weinstein killing multiple plants in pots.



I hate musical movies, I said it, Dreamgirls is in the history of my movie going, one of the worst, most ridiculous films ever to hit the big screen. And boy do I love Beyonce. But The Greatest Showman does something to lure in the the audience, make them feel something leave them humming the songs from the movie.

And after working on not so successful musicals in the past, you need those catchy songs punters leave the theatre/cinema humming for hours after the show.

They are humming the songs from this film as the soundtrack has knocked off the sleepy songs of Ed Sheeran and the "new" Taylor Swift from the top of the ARIA charts.

I love the cast, the songs and the story, the power of acceptance and the power to dream big is beautifully done here. I posted more about the music and some of the performances HERE.

I am not going to go too much into the film other than I am glad I saw it on the big screen, in a cool theatre on a (currently* Sydney, Australia degrees at Noon) 40 degree day!

The magic of movies, live entertainment and song were so well represented by a stunning cast in this film. I urge you to take the kids, your parents, grandparents, neighbours, friends, anyone. A lot of fun, toe tapping and ear worms to be found here.

Well done, team, 4 show stopping stars.

No comments: