Sunday, February 25, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - Lady Bird


It's been the year for strong and interesting female roles. After seeing the mother/daughter real life drama of the brilliant I, Tonya last week, this week it was mother and daughter drama in Lady Bird.

I loved mother Laurie Metcalf in the underrated Getting On and critics have adored Saoirse Ronan, so I was excited to see a 93 minute coming of age gem.

Yes 93 minutes, editor can you take a LONG hard look at more films in Hollywood? Please and thank you.



I throughly enjoyed this film, the tale it told and the way coming of age was made to look hard, because fuck me it is.

School, Thanks Giving, Christmas, New Years and Prom all roll past in this rocky drama about a young girl with big dreams. It ends rather quickly with a nice moment and a sweet message.

I won't spoil it but this is for all the fab loving mothers out there.

This and I, Tonya are just especially films. 4 Stars.

No comments: