Friday, December 13, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Black Christmas


Arriving just in time for Friday the 13th and Christmas (double whammy - yay!) it's Black Christmas the 2019 version of the 1974 Canadian film. And oh boy does it suck!



Like literally I was so excited for this film, but man it blows! It could be the first Blumhouse Productions film which is totally shit!

It tries to make a slasher horror movie into a whole #METOO thing, it fails.

The violence has been edited (or just left out) to achieve a PG-13 rating for the USA market. OK team, it's a horror movie, it needs some violence!

This was real bad and I mean bad, I went in thinking no supernatural bullshit just a straight up slasher film, no it gets weird and even the two girls in front of me thought this was lame AF.

It's not just a male thing, this film is just utter garbage, which is a shame, it does touch on really important issues, however horror films are not the forum for this.

This could possibly be the most disappointing film of 2019, not every film or show needs to be political Hollywood, this just turns the far right more against your cause.

Maybe my first one star film of 2019, for better films, I will post my Best Films of 2019 on Boxing Day.

Back Christmas rates, 1 lonely star.

No comments: