Sunday, December 15, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Knives Out


Finally I got to see Knives Out! After a short vacation to Thailand (officially my favourite travel destination) it was time to settle down to a little old school murder mystery. Whodunnit's were my favourite growing up. I grew up with the movie version of the board game Cluedo whilst loving anything else I could get my hands on in the genre.

Knives Out features a stellar cast, a difficult family and a very interesting Daniel Craig.

Also starring is Jamie Lee Curtis (who is slaying in 2019), Toni Collette, Chris Evans, Don Johnson,
Ana de Armas, Michael Shannon, , Lakeith Stanfield, Katherine Langford, Jaeden Martell, and Christopher Plummer.

This cast is hands down one of the best ensembles of 2019!



Being a murder mystery, other than the trailer above I will give no clues as to what the hell happens in this film.

And let me tell you, a lot happens. It's political but not too much like the previous horrific Black Christmas (which is now receiving it's well deserved bad reviews) with references to alt right trolls and red caps.

Knives Out is the movie 2019 needs, Benoit Blanc the private detective played by Craig may return in future stories. So not a direct sequel but rather a continuation on an interesting character played by Bond, I mean Daniel Craig.

If you like murder mysteries and messed up families this is 100% for you. It beats all the other school holiday nonsense currently screening. Knives Out rates a solid 3.5 Stars.

No comments: