Sunday, July 12, 2020

#COVID-19-BINGE-FEST - Ozark (Season 3)


What a wild ride Ozark season 3 was! And man was it easy viewing. Following an 18 month hiatus from our Netflix viewing carousel,  Ozark season 3 returned late March 2020.

Before COVID production shutdowns etc, I was knee deep in all my USA seasons which I farewelled months ago now. For how long who knows.

So Ozark was always on the back burner. Recently I have smashed so many series and been distracted by Netflix own hype around shows like Tiger King, Money Heist, 13 Reasons Why and more.

So it was great to finally catch up with the third series of the hit Laura Linney series. It was good timing actually as a fourth season has now been announced, which will in fact be it's final. However in true Netflix style it will be spilt over two parts.



So Netflix have used COVID to clean house, with Ozark ending in the near distant future, 13 Reasons Why already ending, Sabrina set to close with its fourth part later this year and who knows what announcements lie around the corner.

So Ozark is the third season any good? OK it is amazing, I think amongst all my other shows (week to week) I smashed this out in a week. I have never loved Jason Bateman but Laura Linney, AMAZING!

And Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore, steals every scene she is in!

Joining season three and Ruth is the fantastic Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis. Like Ruth he also steals a lot of the scenes he is featured in.

The show is outstanding, it gets more and more crazy as every episode passes whilst Ruth's swearing is off the rails this season.

A definite must watch during the recent spike of drama in the news. Maybe I should keep the #COVID-19-BINGE-FEST feature open a little longer. That list is growing more and more each day!

To break it up though, the (Mini) Monday Spotlight returns tomorrow with Kiwi indie darlings, The Beths. Last week I feature the amazing 박혜진 Park Hye Jin, check it out NOW!

Until then, ciao.

No comments: