Saturday, August 8, 2020

#COVID-19-BINGE-FEST - Ramy (Season 1 & 2)


The #COVID-19-BINGE-FEST continues before I start phase two of my TV lists, COVID-19 CATCH UP TV. Which would have been a perfect place for Ramy Seasons 1 & 2. The show debuted in April 2019, the second season recently appeared on Stan in Australia (Hulu internationally) in May of this year.


Emmy nominated, this is a truly fabulous show. The show has already won a Golden Globe and a couple of other awards.

Ramy Youssef is outstanding as the lead Ramy whilst in season two Mahershala Ali joins as Sheikh Ali Malik.

The entire cast is awesome, the show explores many themes while also feeling exceptional honest.

I feel like it's a male version of Insecure. Main changes Ramy is on the East Coast, Insecure the West Coast, Ramy is Muslim and Issa on Insecure is a strong black independent woman.

I enjoyed both seasons a lot. I probably to be honest enjoyed the second more and have to say I am extremely happy Hulu have renewed the show for a third season.

Where will Ramy go in season three? I am excited to find out!

No comments: