Saturday, August 1, 2020

COVID-Cinema 2020 - Unhinged


So let's restart 2020 cinema reviews with a new look review style, COVID-Cinema 2020. Following my misstep of seeing the woeful Follow Me last weekend, I was pleasantly surprised by the simplistic Unhinged.

Okay now simplistic is not a sledge, I like a movie that takes something simple like road rage, builds on this idea, drops the special effects and over the top drama and rolls with the one simple idea.

For this film, it's Russell Crowe as Tom Hunter, a down and out (most likely Trump voter) who has lost his job, wife and now a younger mother has caught him on a "bad day"

Whilst I admired Russell Crowe's wicked side in the series The Loudest Voice, I never really liked him that much. However like Nicole Kidman I am getting more and more keen on Crowe.



The film is fast and furious in all the good ways. It is roughly ninety minutes and straight to the point. Caren Pistorius as Rachel is Hunter's latest victim.

The film starts out dramatic and ends equally as dramatic.

Look the cinemas are really not back to their hey day yet, however this was a welcome return to the cinema. I strongly recommend seeing this film, supporting your local cinema and seeing the film before it opens in the USA later this month. Well maybe it's been pushed back multiple times!

Unhinged rates 3 100% unhinged stars.

No comments: