Monday, August 31, 2020

(Mini) Monday Spotlight: Aluna


All I can say is wow! I have loved AlunaGeorge for years now. Since I heard You Know You Like It back in 2012 I was hooked on Aluna's vocals.

Now Aluna has shared her debut album Renaissance via Mad Decent. Like Aluna's work with AlunaGeorge with their many collaborations, it's guests galore! Princess Nokia, Jada Kingdom, SG Lewis, Scott Storch, KAYTRANADA, Rema, and more.

The debut solo album features the singles Envious, Body Pump, Warrior with SG Lewis, and Get Paid, featuring Nokia and Kingdom.

In a recent interview with Zane Lowe, Aluna discussed how she decided on the name Renaissance.

“It is really about who inspired me. I wasn't the first. I followed,” she explained. “I watched people breaking boundaries. I really felt like there was a Black renaissance going on, especially in film and at that kind of grassroots level where the writing all the way to the directing was being done by Black women.”

AlunaGeorge are iconic working with Skrillex, local boys Peking Duk, Disclosure and getting DJ Snake to rework their tune You Know You Like It. Now it's time for Aluna to shine.

This is a quality release from last Friday. Get amongst it below. This is a perfect Monday gee up record!







No comments: