Sunday, August 23, 2020

COVID-Cinema 2020 - Tenet


THE FIRST BIG blockbuster since COVID broke the cinemas is here....



Australia is getting sneaky first advance screenings this weekend. I got FOMO and needed to see it ASAP, as in the first day of the advance screenings.

Today is the last day to see the film before it officially opens on Thursday.

Now Tenet has been a hot topic. Is it safe to open a blockbuster in a pandemic? What is Tenet? Why is John David Washington (from HBO's Ballers) so damn good looking?

So many questions, not that many answers.

Aussie superstar Elizabeth Debicki stars as Kat, Sator's estranged wife, a mysterious but beautiful woman. Just cast as Princess Di in the Crown seasons 5 & 6, Debicki is on a role!

This film cost Christopher Nolan's studio between $200-$225 million! In a COVID time will this film make back any of its big budget?

With the film set to get a China release in September along with its hype, the film may do OK.

Now as this is so early I won't give anything aside from the fact it's long. It's engaging from the opening scene, the soundtrack and booming sound system is AMAZING.

It looks spectacular and honestly I think I will try and see Inception again. I know thats a throwback film out at cinemas at present.

It's a weird time for the cinema business. My session in Wollongong was fairly well attended, however other films I have seen have less than 10 in attendance.

Checkout the trailer above, avoid spoilers, get set for a post Twilight Robert Pattinson.

This will easily feature on my (second) end of year cinema list. I may not have got all the plot points but Nolan makes going to the cinema a must for his big idea, big budget films.

4.5 Stars.

No comments: