Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Gospel of Music according to Aloe Blacc

So last night was a great first for 2012 and live music, it was Aloe Blacc, who I didn't know this but his support act Maya Jupiter is his wife, random hey. And if you are thinking Maya Jupiter WTF????



So anyway useless and random fact out of the way, I was in a little early to catch the amazing support act Electri Empire, these guys were great and did a great cover of "Pumped Up Kicks" (which is currently Number One on iTunes - random it's been out forever and day!) so they were just great and I might even buy there album on the said iTunes:



That was the best Youtube moment I could grab sorry.

Then it was time for the almighty Aloe Blacc, and I'll be honest with you I only knew the main trakc "I Need a Dollar" and the title track of his disc "Good Things" but I just loved this, he was so inspiring and totally amazing. His voice, his stage presence, his charisma, just amazing.

He totally has a great recording voice and a great live voice.

This took me to a higher place and made me feel so happy and ready to start over in 2012 which let's face it is time to start over.

So the concert will be hard to beat even though I left early and missed the encore, LOL, I am too old for Encores anyway :)

So how do I rate this, pretty solid, 4 stars.

Well done Aloe Blacc and Electric Empire.

No comments: