Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tom Ballard "Doing Stuff"

Preview, Trial Performance - Cafe Lounge Surry Hills Tue 31 Jan 2012

Okay so I believe this show is going to hit the comedy circuits in Adleaide, Brisbane and Melbourne (the BIG one)and it may even come to Sydney as you know we have our own Coemdy festival too.

So I saw Tom's last show "Since 1989" late last year and liked it but didn't love it. It was funny but not Judith Lucy standard funny. And same went for this show, I nearly cried and wet my panties during Judith's set last week, however this one was kinda tiresome in parts.

In "Doing Stuff" Tom talked about politics and major issues, however he kinda skipped over things and some of the jokes fell very flat. But that's all good it was a trial show and I think with a bit of work he can capitlise on the gay sex smut he puts in and calling people the C bombs and it could all come together.

Tom Ballard's "Doing Stuff" could do with a bit more stuff being done but overall I think this guy has promise, his radio show is okay and you know he loves to make digs at Aussie Hip Hop so I am giving this one 2.5 Stars.

And this below is a SUMMER sun screen warning people!

No comments: