Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's a hard knock life with ANNIE

I haven't seen a musical in donkeys years and when the opportunity came up to see Annie I just had to jump at the offer. So after sitting through countless sessions of Priscilla the Musical, Miss Saigon and seeing Spamalot, Phantom of the Opera, Mary Poppins, Billy Elliot, High School the Musical etc, it was time to get my musical back on.

And after a long break from the theatre, I ended up really enjoying this besides the vile appearance of that racist and closet case Alan Jones. I don't know what it is about that man but he makes me want to vommit in a projectile manner.

So the songs were fun, the dog was adorable (I hear the first dog was fired for vommiting on stage, I blame Alan Jones, he even offends dogs) and the kids were really sweet and good at their parts.

So Annie is one to catch, the queens behind me keep making weird and wild comments on the side but you gotta expect that at the theatre.

Annie rates a big 3 and a half wig filled stars. Annie plays till early March 2012.

No comments: