Saturday, August 17, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - The Way Way Back

What a treat, I am 90% sure I haven't seen a 5 star film this year until this afternoon. "The Way Way Back" is such a divine coming of age film which almost brings you to tears and has you laughing out loud also.

I LOVE Toni Collette and strongly dislike Steve Carell, mainly cause he has been in some of the worst films I have ever seen (Date Night anyone, what a train wreck!) so this made for a great love vs dislike. 

Liam James as Duncan the lead was AMAZING and Sam Rockwell as his mentors is just rock solid. Allison Janney has some simply divine moments as a mother living on the edge & to say when the end credits rolled I was begging for more (despite smashing a large coffee prior and busting for the loo) or an instant replay.



So I have said only good points (and yes it's disjointed point form) but my excitement for the film is just too much. This is a film that matters and it covers no new ground (we have all seen our fair share of coming of age films) but with a script that is truly divine and a great cast.

I said it before and yes I have to give this one a glowing 5 star review.

No comments: