Thursday, November 21, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - The Butler


Big epic dramas don't get much bigger than this and the cast alone is massive. Forest Whitaker, Oprah, Mariah Carey, Robin Williams, Vanessa Redgrave, Jane Fonda, James Marsden and the list really does go on and on.

This film has received good reviews and then a few people made mention it was a little like a Lifetime TV film. However I really did dig this film. America really has gone through a lot and now to have a black president it shows that America has come a long way from it's racist and hate fuelled past.

Yes for me who knew little about American history (and the more I learn the more I dislike the country and everything it stands for) I was pretty disgusted. As I always say we are all worm feed at the end of the day, yes when we pass we are all equal, rich or poor, black or white, religious or not, we all just burn or rot in the ground. Whatever comes next who knows but the end game is we are all human and their is nothing more ugly than racism, we only have to get a Sydney bus to see it.

So back to the film and again another film where all roles are acted oh so well and the cast just all shine. I really enjoyed this film and for you to make up your mind if you see it this weekend take a look below:


I have to go high on this one I rate the Butler a big step for America 4 stars. Well done Butler team.

No comments: