Sunday, November 24, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - The Counselor


I read some Youtube comments about this film while I was searching for the trailer and I realised before I review I should give a massive "Strong Bloody Violence" warning and a realistic take on how no matter how easy a deal on selling/transporting drugs is, it isn't. So here's the trailer before I get deeper into it:



First up Cameron Diaz is extremely sexy and ruthless in this role, something which I enjoyed seeing her play rather than just another Charlie's Angels, Something about Mary, rom com type role.

Drugs and Mexico equals a bad ending for all as far as I am concerned and Ridley Scott did not hold back. I really enjoyed the tension created in the film and the five star cast including Brad Pitt, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz and the very handsome Michael Fassbender.

Look this movie really wouldn't appeal to anyone who dislikes violence, seeing how the underworld of drugs really works (so it's nothing like Underbelly) or would be offended by Diaz fucking the windscreen of a car, yes this happens and yes this stayed with me long after I left the movies. I feel this week after seeing this and the Butler there is some damn good movies out at the moment and movies that stayed with you long after the credits ran (sorry Thor you left my memory five minutes into the actual film) meaning I think it's a school term and the award season is on the way.

Further to this The Counselor is an enjoyable watch and worthy of it's almost 2 hour running time. 4 drug mule stars and the hope that one day greed and peoples stupidity will out grow them from putting many people in danger when getting these drugs from Mexico to the USA.

No comments: