Sunday, January 12, 2014

Yes it's true I am an Inner City Lefty


So I have been reading the Sunday Telegraph for a while and thought man their letters from readers make out their readers to be complete fuckwits and then add in columns from Miranda Devine and that vile Piers Akerman I found myself thinking am I that far to the left and do these people have rocks in their heads.

One they are both extremely against the ABC which is a staple in my household. Without the ABC and SBS let's just say the only other thing on my TV would be taken off a USB stick.

So that puts them instantly in my bad books. And then I had a discussion with my grandparents where I found I have way too much compassion compared to a lot of the "older" folk in this country. I find myself never understanding the statement "Stop the Boats" or wondering in gods name why is Tony Abbott prime minister again? Did all Australian comedians elect him and his cast of outcasts for material for the next three years?

Australia is truly a great country but man why do we have to drink ourselves into a Kings Cross style red hot mess? I have never understood all Australian public holidays generally equal bogan attire and loads of alcohol and maybe the odd pack of winnie blues. We don't have a lot of tradition but if one thing is for sure in this country Australia Day, Anzac Day, Queens Birthday Long Weekend, Labour Day, Melbourne Cup Day, Christmas + Boxing Day people will be wasted.

Why do we all need to drink so much? Is life that bad? Why do we need to punch each other? Can't you at least try aiming those punches Miranda Devine or Cory Bernardi? Like really Cory traditional families, go fuck yourself mate, it's 2014, two women can raise a perfect child, two men can raise a real diva, one woman can be a superstar and raise the next X Factor winner, one man can raise a MKR contestant or even a pair of ageing grandparents could bring up a more traditional child. You have no idea how stupid your ideas sound to the rest of the world mate, thank god your from South Australia but I would prefer you to be locked away for saying hateful and uneducated accusations.

How else I know I am an Inner City Lefty? I like music with instruments, local music so basically nothing played on Today FM, NOVA or any of our lovely commercial radio stations. And hey I have said this before, why and how much longer will people to give Kyle & Jackie O their time. Really ad's for shitty local businesses, terrible news, bad interviews and more average competitions and dodgy stunts than times Miley Cyrus has had crabs.

I mean a commercial society is fine, Google tracking ad's online through Youtube and other Google products, newspaper advertising, general online advertising and TV. Not that I could ever watch too much commercial TV, cause god dang, Richard Wilkins, Koochie and Wake Up on Channel Ten, it's enough to make anyone start talking to them selves and pissing in public.

I also know I am a lefty cause I love attending the cinema and glaring at people if they talk or sit on their god dang Facebook app. Yes I hate Facebook too. Why oh why do people need to over share? Most peoples lives are really boring and the only thing more boring than a boring life is reading/viewing (via images and videos) other peoples boring lives. Unless you are like SIA or a volunteer helping out in a less than lucky country like Australia, I'm bored.

Wow this is a real rant, so I will end it with thank god boot camp is back tomorrow and thank god I live in the inner west and I only read the Telegraph once a week cause man I would really have to wonder:

1. Why does anyone find the Anchorman films funny? They fucking suck, they don't suck, they FUCKING suck sweaty salty summer balls.

2. Are Kyle & Jackie O, the most vile people alive?

3. Why do so many people accept average entertainment, average music (Miley I'm looking at you), Today/Tonight and A Current Affair?

So there we have it, I love people from all walks of life, from all backgrounds, I think we are all equal but if you for one minute think people trying to escape a country where their lives are in immediate danger and they get on a boat are wrong or you think their is only one way to parent well I have to say good luck to you because change is inevitable and you just have to keep moving with the times, look at tapes, records and even CD's.

So it's the real working weeks, it's 2014 so let's be nice to others and not judge, I know I got my judge on about how bogan our public holidays have become but come on, we are getting fatter, dumber and less socially acceptable and alcohol is not helping any of those.

Goodnight Australia and Miranda, Piers, Kyle + Jackie O try and be good role models it might not get the ratings or get the readership but at least you might not offend another Inner City Lefty like me.

No comments: