Sunday, June 22, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - 22 Jump Street


Can I just saw 21 Jump Street pretty much sucked, however I have a weakness for Channing Tatum, why? I have no clue he is so not my type.



And this film like the previous one is all sorts of average. The jokes (for the most part) fall flat, the session I went to had roughly 20 people in it (not a good sign for the first weekend) and the script and scenario is just plain lame and lazy Sony Pictures.

Now Bad Neighbours set a high standard for comedies in 2014 and man does this fall short of where a comedy this year should be at. With Sex Tape, And so it Goes, Inbetweeners 2 and Tammy all on the way, this sequel may end up way, way, way down the list of best comedies in 2014.

I found the whole idea really lazy as above and a bit of an insult to the film. Without Tatum this film is a bit of a miss, when you look at what else is out I can't see this film having a strong July School Holidays.

22 Jump Street, 21 was bad enough and I give it 2 Stars for that electric and banging soundtrack (plus a sneaky appearance by Diplo) and the few and far between Tatum shirtless scenes.

Look out for my review on the Aussie film the Rover tomorrow.

No comments: