Sunday, June 1, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - A Million Ways to Die in the West


Australia needs comedy right now, the news is filled with Budget doom & gloom, our PM is a loser and it's heading into Winter. Bad Neighbours and the Other Woman set the bar high for comedy in 2014 so how does A Million Ways to Die in the West fair?

Well OK, it's 12 year old humour which I mainly love, I didn't 100% fall in love with this film, I did however find Seth MacFarlane and Neil Patrick Harris handsome. Amanda Seyfried has been described as annoying and this was the first film I personally found her really annoying.

Sarah Silverman really stole the show as Ruth, she was brilliant. Charlie Theron was brilliant and extremely likeable. Females actually stole this show in a show that will mainly get men along to watch it.



This is not a film that is a must see at the cinema's like the below reviewer states, but for an opening weekend to attend the film and it's me and one other younger couple, I think this will not be at the cinemas for a whole load of time.



I love comedies and I love to laugh but this one's laughs were just few and far between, it's a pass mark but not a super pass mark like Bad Neighbours (already in contention for my film of 2014) 2.5 Western Stars with lot's of really naughty words thrown in.

No comments: