Saturday, June 14, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Blended


So there is already a lot of negativity surrounding this the third and latest Sandler/Barrymore rom com does it deserve it? Well here is the trailer.



Looks harmless right? Well it is and really I feel like a total loser but I almost teared up at one moment in this film.

I must be honest straight up, I took some cold & flu medication last night and maybe this had something to do with how much I enjoyed the film but really if you want a mindless couple of hours and some well deserved chill time after a four day working week, this film is perfect for you.

Sandler is fine as the role of a father with three kids and Barrymore the mother of two boys who randomly have a bad date, a couple of encounters and then end up in Africa. Essentially the whole idea of the movie is bat shit crazy but if you just stop thinking for a couple of hours this is a bit of light fun and fluff.

Wendy McLendon-Covey steals her scenes as the Bridesmaids actress continues to impress me. There are a few other decent performances and I am sure a lot of other reviewers are going to rip this movie to shreds, but I am not one of them. It features a lot of lame jokes but a nice message underneath it all, Blended gets a pass of 3 fun rainy Saturday AM stars.

No comments: