Sunday, June 8, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - The Fault in Our Stars


I usually hate films that pull at the heart strings in such an obvious overt way, but after not looking forward to the film after seeing the below trailer, it actually turned out to be, well really enjoyable.



I found myself falling hook, line and sinker for this film. I was so engaged and loved hearing the 12 year olds behind and around me weep like well, little girls.

This film does pull at your heart strings (I did tear up a little wee bit) but it's the great cast, very relevant soundtrack which makes this film work.

Laura Dern is a divine mother and Sam Trammell (shape shifter in True Blood) is a really sweet dad. The young leads (both from the new hit series Divergent) Woodley & Elgort are also as ace as the two young lovers.

For this long weekend I give this a good solid 4 stars, originally I did not buy this film, but after seeing it I am a fan and would definitely recommend this to anyone. But do take your tissues it really is a tear jerker in the last 40 minutes.

No comments: