Saturday, January 3, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


The first film for 2015 surprise, surprise was actually recently in November in both the UK & the USA making it the first of the War films (see the Water Diviner review) to be released in this crowded War film period.

The film I'm reviewing today, THE IMITATION GAME and at first glance and first time I saw the trailer I was not super keen but don't let the below put you off.



So I am enjoying a final weekend pre Summer Slack on the Central Coast and I was the youngest person but at least 30 years at this screening and I had a ball. The tension, the drama, the great story from War World II.

I must admit seeing two of the current war films it makes me think I will end up seeing Unbroken just so I can rank all three. This one is definitely a better film than Crowe's The Water Diviner but that said this film just packs a punch.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Matthew Goode & Kiera Knightley are all just perfect in this historical thriller and with it's 5 Golden Globe nods I am sure it will not go home empty handed.

This is a wonderful time for films with the award ceremonies about to be fully ripe and I just can't wait for a number of the buzz films to hit our screens. Shame they don't do international release dates but you know any help the pirates can get right?

So a score for this early masterpiece in 2015, I liked it a lot and I am trying my best to help fill the shoes of David & Margaret all this year. So I give it a solid 4 Stars in acting 101.

No comments: