Sunday, January 11, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Where do I begin with the finale in the Taken series, it's TAKEN 3.

Fuck me Liam Neeson, this is really not a high point of your career, the first Taken film was amazing, a great action picture and the return of Liam Neeson. The second one, well it sucked but I had high hopes for the third to bring home the franchise.



However Taken 3 or the corny Tak3n in some lame ass marketing campaigns was just plain dreadful. Famke Janssen gets killed off early on leaving two family members to resolve their lame story lines.

Maggie Grace as Kim is fine but bores me to tears after a while as she continues to play a victim and her new boyfriend has as much screen presence as a grenade thrown into a cleaning closet at her uni.

The whole movie I heard fake laughs, people groaning and the death of a good action franchise.

Taken proves sometimes sequels are a SUPER bad idea, let's just hope today's Into the Woods is a better outing. I am rating films a little more harshly this year as with the absence of David & Margaret someone has to keep the film studios honest. Taken 3 is DREADFUL, I can only give it half a star for the promise of the first word Taken. The original was great but everything following Taken FML, pure crap.

No comments: