Saturday, January 24, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


STILL ALICE is completely wonderful, so sad yet so brilliantly done.



Julianne Moore has to be one of my favourite actresses of all time. From her wonderful performance in Boogie Nights to Don Jon, Carrie (remake) and the new Hunger Games movies, Julianne Moore has done a lot. But this is just wonderful and there is no mistake that this film has so many award nominations under it's belt.

At the Golden Globes recently Moore has already picked up one major award with more to come (no doubt).

It was deeply sad but great to see young Kristen Stewart playing a fantastic role and Hunter Parrish was oh so handsome. It has been a while since I have seen him on the screen since Weeds wrapped up.

The ending pissed me off this near perfect film but I won't let that stop me giving this film a big wrap. Alec Baldwin is also great as Moore's husband and I have to say knowing a family member pass this way made the film even more real to me.

Still Alice is another outstanding film and around award season it reminds me why I love the movies so much. This rates an outstanding 4 solid Stars.

No comments: