Friday, January 30, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


AMERICAN SNIPER, love it or loathe it Clint Eastwood just keeps churning out hit films and this films is now the highest grossing War film of all time. Taking out Saving Private Ryan.


This film is a little crazy long, however it does keep you on the edge of your seat for the most part. Bradley Cooper is actually crazy good as the lead and real life Navy Seal Chris Kyle. Sienna Miller is also good as Kyle's wife but the show does belong to Eastwood and Cooper.

This is not what you would usually expect from Cooper so I was surprised at how well he carried himself in this challenging role.

It's violent, it's Texas pride, it defends all the actions in the Iraq war but still I didn't have as big a issue with this film as I went in thinking I would.

It's not for the light hearted, it's not an easy to watch film and at times you just want to turn away (if you have seen the film there is a moment with a power tool which still disturbs me to think about it) and think of little cute puppies or Jai Courtney shirtless.

American Sniper is the latest in my war film marathon which has been going on for the last few weeks. It was good, not great and at times challenging I give this 3 War on Terror Stars.

No comments: