Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Back on Shore {with Complimentary Sea Legs}


After four nights at Seas, little internet access and a load of time at the buffet I am finally back on dry land.

Yes SYD > MORETON ISLAND is finally a distant memory and I can easily cross off cruise ships on my bucket list.

I also discovered I have some of the most interesting friends because a lot of my fellow ship mates seemed happy with two things, buffets and alcohol. Or just plain alcohol. Australians seem to have become obsessed with alcohol and a holiday cannot be a holiday without it.

Kinda sad really but look each to their own and after hearing some of their conversations, I would probably drink too.

It's not all bad though as honestly one of my favourite moments was a nine year old girl, hand on hips saying "Mum you are SOOOOO drunk" and looking absolutely disgusted. Maybe there is hope for our next generation. That said with role models like this?

I found sea life and being on a ship simply easy as, waking up to the sun drifting in through the curtains, doing a morning stretch class, eating at the buffet, doing an activity, eating at the buffet, having a cup of green tea and a chocolate chip cookie, doing an activity, having dinner, watching comedy or a really bad 80's show, then bed.

Then rinse and repeat.

New day, some routine, no stress (except over the coffee line, those poor Indo guys and girls - Carnival really need to train them better) and no dramas.

I see why so many old folks and families love these holidays, the staff on board (excluding one grumpy personal trainer - who would prefer to be anywhere else in the world other than on the love ship) were great and activities were mostly fun and varied.

I must say though arriving back in Sydney we do have a beautiful city to call home here, despite some agro people and some serve attitude Sydney is pretty hard to beat.

No comments: