Saturday, September 3, 2016

Luke Nguyen invites you for some Street Food


Asian Style!

Luke Nguyen is only four years older than me but shit he puts me to shame, restaurant owner, serious celebrity chef (no reality show help, here), TV presenter and cooking reality show go to for a guest chef.

Luke's new show is all about street food and travels from Saigon to Jakarta and beyond. The first episode was great and took me back to my recent trip to Saigon, Vietnam.

Luke Nguyen is an Australian legend and a real success story to shame the likes of that vile Pauline Hanson.

Luke is extremely well spoken and has such warmth with his presenting style that makes his Thursday food shows on SBS an easy viewing experience. Several shows in (Luke Nguyen's Vietnam, Luke Nguyen's France, Luke Nguyen's United Kingdom and also an appearance on Vietnams Masterchef) Luke seems to have found comfort in being in front of the camera. His style and dress sense is casual and gets the younger market giving SBS a go.

With just over 150,000 live viewers this week his shows aren't a massive hit but I'm sure on SBS Demand and DVD sales Luke's shows do ok, or he wouldn't be making his sixth or seventh series.

Luke I am proud of your achievements and you are a fine young man, well done for getting someone like me, who hates cooking and can't stand being in the kitchen any longer than it takes for my Nespresso to be ready.


No comments: