Monday, October 17, 2016

Luke Cage - First Reaction ( I Know I'm Late to this....)


I usually use my subject line of That Netflix Gay when I talk about the king of streaming but today I am only two episodes into this latest Marvel series airing on the giant.

Following on from 2015 hits Daredevil and Jessica Jones (where we meet Luke Cage), Luke Cage is one more of the Defenders who we will see in 2017 where they join the Iron Fist to battle crime.

Based in Harlem this is sexy, fun and has a whole lot of style, just think the Get Down as this also features some great artists including Faith Evans in episode two.

I do love me some Faith Evans and she drops one of her biggest tracks to date Mesmerized.



Mike Colter is super sexy as the lead and is a great superhero who works multiple jobs and is fairly invincible.

Fighting crime in Harlem and building on the Netflix Marvel empire seems like a breeze and no doubt a second series will be greenlit as like Jones and Darecevil this is classy TV.

The Punisher, Iron Fist and The Defenders along with continuations of the the above mentioned shows are also heading to Netflix meaning every comic book nerd has hours of time to waste and more reason to sign up to a $10 a month deal now.

I recommend this show highly and like me if you were waiting for some good word of mouth here it is, Luke Cage is not over the top like some previous comic book stories have been and it works well. The characters are well developed and the binge nature of Netflix also suits this sexy stylish crime show.

Yes it's mostly about crime and a bit about race, but as I start on episode three I think I have a few more hour on the couch smashing this series out!

No comments: