Sunday, October 9, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


Around two years to this day I saw a film that changed thrillers and the way I enjoyed the cinema experience, that film was Gone Girl, almost exactly two years after that comes THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN.



I have longed for the cinema after a woeful few weeks of School Holiday releases and this week one of the most anticipated films of 2016 hit the big screen.

Look I get it parents need shit for there brats to do during the holidays but really Hoyts, Greater Union and other cinema sites, can you remember you core audience 18-49 year olds plus the grey haired brigade. Seniors have time a plenty and young people have disposable cash and need to be attracted from their homes and Netflix subscriptions, because honey boo boo Netflix is turning out some top notch films as well as brilliant series and documentaries.

Sp after my social commentary it's time for me to sing the praise of this outstanding film. OK I am biased this film made me feel things, this film changed the way I viewed relationships, this film shined the light on the ugliness of domestic violence and the treatment of some women in horrific relationships.

The original book was written by a woman and the women in this film (particularly lead Blunt) was outstanding.

This movie used no special effects, no gimmicks, no superhero powers, no nonsense just human nature, real human emotions.

All the cast were outstanding and it's so refreshing seeing so much of Alison Janney on Netflix and the big screen. Justin Theroux was also great on the big screen after I have spent two years trying to work out the Leftovers and thinking fuck this man is good looking in a dirty, creepy and would probably fuck you nine ways into Sunday kinda way.

So The Girl on The Train, I loved it, the audience I saw this with I hear some dodgy remarks about casting and god knows what other small technical faults but for any faults this film has it makes up with it's raw message and it's building of tension and pure brutal honesty.

I loved this and will go so far as to say after Snowden the other week these are two outstanding films. Thank god School Holidays are over so we can see brilliant pieces of cinema like this, like Gone Girl I am going rogue for a rating, 5.5 Stars.

No comments: