Sunday, December 11, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


School holidays are here and here comes the kids of all ages films, first cab off the rank FANTASTIC BEASTS & WHERE TO FIND THEM.



This film was released last week, had several good reviews (as below from the terrific Marc Fennell) and honestly this was not on my list but when a free pass landed on my lap, whateves!



So after my Flume Friday (full review over HERE) I was tired, it was a monster week last week so a chilled Saturday afternoon film was perfection.

Words of advice here I have NEVER seen a Harry Potter film, nor do I intend on but this was visually spectacular and in a way brilliant.

A huge and stellar cast of Hollywoods legends and up-comers JK Rowlings book on the big screen looked a million (or $180M, according to the budget) bucks.

My only comment was Eddie Redmayne after the Danish Girl will always well look like a lady to me after that film. Eddie is great but the real star of this film is Dan Fogler as the non magical human.

I honestly enjoyed this film despite it being too long (2 hours, 13 minutes) for a fantasy adventure film but still it's Summer so one needs free air con.

For the school holidays this will have wide appeal and also it's pretty harmless fun, I am giving this as a non fan of the book series and Harry Potter films 3 brilliantly presented stars.

No comments: