Thursday, December 29, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


I wanted to ask James Franco WHY HIM? In starring in this rather average Boxing Day comedy release.



Why Him? Isn't bad in a sense it's just come after a long line (or two movies in close secession) films about the holidays that throw in a few fucks and a few dirty jokes. See Bad Santa 2 and Office Christmas Party.

So forgive me if I read this film wrong.

James Franco is hot (nice abs in the above screen grab) and always worth watching on screen and Megan Mullally whilst stealing a lot of scenes also has this expression on "Why in the wide world of fuck did I sign up for this?".

I didn't love the female lead Zoey Deutch which also didn't help it's cause with her and James Franco just not looking right together. Maybe I am too excited for Franco's next film I am Michael?

Okay so lets break it down for easy Summer reading, do you want an easy to consume comedy? Yes, well this is for you. Do you want something equally as funny as Bridesmaids with a killer cast, maybe watch something else on Netflix, like the Sense8 Christmas special, yay for Christmas specials that don't suck old uncle Jack's hairy balls.

So Why Him? It's not the greatest Summer release (i.e. It ain't no Rogue One) I give this a pass 2.5 Stars.

No comments: