Friday, December 30, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


Another Boxing Day film as we head into New Years Day film releases, it's time to check out ALLIED



I gave Hacksaw Ridge a miss this year due to faitgue on war films so I find myself interested in why I choose Allied over La La Land last night. Oh yeah that's right musicals generally suck asshole on the big screen.

Other films aside Allied has it's moments and clocking in at just over 2 hours it has time for "moments".

Brad Pitt is dashing as always (even at 53 there would be no kicking him outta bed) and Marion Cotillard is a total glamour puss.

The film looks a million bucks and there is one action scene that is off the chart but other than that the film does drag in the middle as the plot ever so slowly unfolds. If you had watched the trailer you know whats coming and when it finally does come it's the whole is she, or isn't she?

Rogue One and the Star Wars reboots have effectively killed the big blockbuster film, nothing WOW arrives on Boxing Day as Rogue One is still slaying at the box office for at least another month.

Even the kids movies (Trolls and Sing) seem a little lacklustre. Indian film Dangal always seems to have lines before I enter my selected session and I am not sure the US hype has been replicated in Australian for Moana. Even poor old Red Dog sessions seem to be shrinking quicker than the Australian film industry.

Other than my above observations at the cinema this (Allied) isn't a bad film but it isn't great either, it's a 3 Star film at best and as much as I was slightly swept away when I left the cinema, all was forgotten come the morning.

No comments: