Sunday, July 9, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {It Comes at Night}


Sadly this is nowhere near as Get Out and I was so gosh damn excited for It Comes at Night. Like All Eyez on Me in relation to 2Pac, this film lacked something, (something was lacking so much the man next to me was snoring so loud it scared me more than the film at times) can I tell you dear reader what that was?

It Comes at Night is scary and tense in parts however I found it slightly dull.



I don't want to give away spoilers cause that is mean, Joel Edgerton is great as normal however like his recent film The Gift it was a bit blah.

The ending also was one of those where the lights sprung on straight away, the sleeping man next to me got one hell of a shock. The fact as well the film was only just over 90 minutes but felt like a three hour marathon told me the pacing of the film at times was so slow it was like the third and final season of Bloodline.

I didn't hate everything about this film but it wasn't great. After the suspense and the faboulous Get Out, I was wanting more from this film. I am not not surprised it only got a limited release in Sydney.

It Comes at Night has some talented folk it but it struggles to fire, 3 Stars.

No comments: