Monday, July 31, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {War for the Planet of the Apes}


Apparently the final in the trilogy of this reboot, War for the Planet of the Apes was sensational. Honestly the themes explored in this movie were straight from the CNN headlines. Good v Evil, Measured v Insane, I loved every minute of this 140 minute epic.



I wont spoil much or give any of the plot away as this film to me was almost perfect in every way. The action scenes were 10 out of 10 and I feel the last few movies have been building to this epic moment and with every movie they are getting better and better.

Woody Harrelson is like the Donald Trump/Steve Bannon in film. A raving lunatic and has little interest in facts and compassion. Whereas Caesar is honestly the most beautiful thing. His face, his everything he is a leader, a visionary and in moments in this film he completely breaks your heart.

How can an animated ape break your heart. That in my mind is success. Success on the highest level of making this film.

I left this film wanting more, hoping maybe there will be more Ape films, I enjoyed this, loved this and unfortunately for action films the bar is higher now.

Atomic Blonde was great but this was greater. Outstanding, near perfect, actually, 5 Star perfect. Loved, loved, loved this film.

No comments: