Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Lady Dynamite Season Two.


Enter the world of Maria Bamford (again) in season two's Lady Dynamite. I enjoyed series one and remember watching this (actually bingeing it whilst away in Cairns in 2016) and I had another weekend where I left the world and went into a Netflix vortex.

Aside from three group fitness classes and the odd meal out there were no movies of interest this weekend so I decided let's review my Netflix watchlist and smash some shit out.

An eight episode, 30 minute comedy series fit well, it's late November, the Christmas crazy period is coming early (Japan was OTT for the holiday season) and people are getting there cunt on HARD.

So Maria Bamford's comedy revolving around her real life experiences with bipolar and pugs was something I needed to see.

Unlike the first season being completely new ground, the second season was more of the same with some great cameo's and funny one liners, however I found myself easily distracted away from this seasons plot lines.

Netflix has been churning out some real gold of late and when you are launching so much content into the land of streaming there will be some misses. Lady Dynamite season two and some other series on the streaming giant just do not reach the highs of say Sense8 or pre Kevin Spacey dramas House of Cards.

This is a great pre-Christmas distraction series and look if you need a laugh you will find some here, it's also good to see mental health being covered in a different and fresh way.

No comments: