Sunday, November 5, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Tom of Finland}


A nude gay romp or a biographical film? What exactly is Tom of Finland? Well it is actually pretty brilliant, beautifully shot and the film (aside from all the hot men) looks wonderful.

Wasn't number one on my list of films to see this weekend (that was Bad Moms which you will read about tomorrow (fingers crossed)) but I actually really enjoyed this film out of Finland.




Touko Laaksonen AKA Tom of Finland loves a homoerotic drawing of a buff or leather bound gay and the US discovers him and he goes Global.

After returning from serving in World War II Laaksonen works as an artist but in his own time really creates something that has long been remembered after he passed in 1991.

This is the first biopic of Laaksonen and I think this has been done extremely well, mixing flashbacks to his time in the war to his peak popularity, this film is great.

I was lucky enough to attend it at the new Palace Cinemas, Central Park, Sydney. Nice job team I'll hopefully see you this Wednesday for Thor.

I rated Tom of Finland and I give it 4 rock solid erections, I mean stars.

No comments: