Monday, November 13, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Murder on the Orient Express}


I grew up loving whodunnit films, Clue and the accompanying board game Cludeo was my favourite thing as a child despite the film coming out originally when I was only 3.

Agatha Christie is the queen of whodunnit writing 66 novels and now Murder on the Orient Express gets a star studded 2017 remake. Originally on screen in 1974 and a TV remake in 2001we now see Johnny Depp alongside Penelope Cruz and even Dame Judi Dench.

Michelle Pfeiffer is having a fabulous resurrection after her role in the strange as fuck Mother! film.



I wanted to love this film, but I only liked this film. The start was slow drawn out and only saw us follow Kenneth Branagh and his wicked Mo, perfectly in time for Movember.

This is a fun film once the train ride and character development starts off and apparently the ending is slightly different.

I really found myself in the middle of a whodunnit weekend with my review for Happy Death Day coming tomorrow (hopefully) and I was surprised to enjoy Happy Death Day a little more than this.

There is nothing majorly wrong with it, just it's missing something, the start is terribly drab and also I found myself thinking about how much washing I had and how on Earth would I get packed in time for my flight to Japan Tuesday evening.

Yes that's right I'm off to Japan this week! SCREAM!

OK, I'm way off topic, hence my mind during this film, for the love of whodunnit, I'm being easy on this film 3 Stars.

No comments: