Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Bangkok 4D Movie Matinee Madness - Mission: Impossible – Fallout


As my second full day rolled out in Bangers it was time to do my favourite thing whilst in the amazing city, see a 4D movie!

Yes after yesterdays disappointing Spy Who Dumped Me, meant to be comedy/action, who knows... I was hoping for a better outcome, and boy was this better!



Now last time in Bangkok I think I had to settle for a Russian action film in 4D, this time I got premium J.J Abrams produced action gold. Tom Cruise is still smashing out that death defying stunts, but this time the handsome Henry Cavill joins in for fun.

Angela Bassett is the most under-utilised in this film however maybe she is saving all her gold for season 2 of 9-1-1 or maybe Ryan Murphy is bringing her character back in American Horror Story as Coven and Murder House join up.

Either way the cast (including Cruise, give him credit where credit is due) is great, Cavill is fun, Bassett absent most of the time, Simon Pegg adds humour, Vanessa Kirby is great and plays the good/bad character so well and Alec Baldwin, is still one of the better Baldwins.

This is action, action, action and after Ant-Man I thought I was done being impressed with car chases, well no, this film equally had a brilliant Euro style car chase which was epic AF. Also add a helicopter chase/sequence, literally action overload.

I would be super surprised if we don't see Ethan Hunt back again, soon, as this is going to be a massive hit. Critics are loving it, audiences of all ages will too and honestly this brings hope back to the Blockbusters.

Well done all involved, excellent film. 4.5 4DX Bangkok shiny AF stars.

No comments: