Thursday, August 9, 2018

In Flight Entertainment


What does one do for a nine hour, heavily delayed flight, watch four recent movies (one a HBO TV movie) and a couple of episodes of ABC documentary series Utopia. So full disclosure I work for a government body and Utopia does not touch the sides. I honestly have never worked with people who are straight out of an ABC/HBO comedy series. Like seriously.

Anyway here are the four films/TV movies I took in.....

Tully



Brief review - depressing, but insightful, looks stressful being a new parent with two hard to manage kids already on board, 3 Stars.

Rampage



Brief review - Can the Rock do no wrong? Yes. Well maybe, this is kinda an average big action popcorn film. Not that, that is a bad thing, more it's just kind of average, 2.5 Stars.

Pacific Rim Uprising



Brief review - I think I liked the first, missed this at the cinema and I was like, wow I didn't miss much, makes for a better movie on the plane.

Fahrenheit 451


Brief review - HBO do some OK ready for TV films, this had a male/everyone Handmaid's Tale written all over it. Or is that maybe cause it's a book based on the world going to hell and everyone turns out dumb? Hey that's America right now, isn't it? The whole thing was a little predictable in parts and honestly I did feel like I was watching a longer episode of the Handmaid's Tale, 3 Stars. PS When is the Handmaid's Tale returning for season 3? Anyone?

No comments: