Monday, August 27, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - BlacKkKlansman


Powerful, fresh and timely, those are words I can think of when I think about the film I saw yesterday at 10:00am, Blackklansman.

I hate the KKK, I hate racism and I laugh at losers who think anyone different is less of a person than they are. So I was team make fun of the KKK and David Duke's clan. This film does a great job to deal with big issues. The problem it does have however, is the 1970's America is much like the USA today.



The ending of this film still stays with me, it's not part of the movie, it's real life footage, it's Charlottesville, 2017. I was terrified, it's been a dark year for the USA, Trump has taken America back to this time set in the film, the 1970's.

Spike Lee has done a wonderful job with this film, Denzel's son, John David Washington was amazing. Adam Driver was also outstanding. This film and it's message is outstanding, I enjoyed it, I was moved, I still feel for Heather Heyer's family after that day in Charlottesville.

This is a great body of work, a must see, go out and treat yo self. 4.5 Stars.

No comments: