Friday, August 3, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - Ant-Man and the Wasp


Following my 2015 review of the original Ant-Man film, it's time for Ant-Man to join The Wasp...



Paul Rudd is back along with T.I, Michael Douglas, Michael Pena, Evangeline Lily, Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne. Joining this film is the brilliant Randall Park, who is excellent as FBI agent and Paul Rudd AKA the Ant-Man's parole officer.

The car chase scene is truly different for all other car chase scenes and is awesome. Showing off the hilly San Francisco and piers, this was a truly well done sequence.

Like Deadpool 2 there are no real clear "bad guys" in this film, there is a swift agent called "Ghost" or Ava Starr played by Hannah John-Kamen, but overall the character is not evil.

Is this the way forward for Marvel films? No clear right and wrong? If so I like that, as humans we are all flawed so this brings realness to a very superhero filled world.

After watching all of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season 5 all the S.H.I.E.L.D references were not lost on me. Also that show should have ended with it's season 5 finale, it was like one of the best wrap up episodes ever.

Anyway this film is good, not perfect, no major changes from past Marvel films. But I did enjoy it and Paul Rudd really has the X Factor. 3.5 Stars.

No comments: